The word Panchamrut is derived from Sanskrit; ‘Panch‘ meaning ‘five’, and ‘Amrut‘ meaning ‘nectar of Gods’ (or mythological beverage of immortality) . It is traditionally used in Pooja as it is considered to be very holy and sacred. After offering it to the God it is distributed as Prasad.
Panchamrut is a blend of 5 ingredients which, when combined together in right quantity, enhance the quality of each other and give the best results. Panchamrut is said to have medicinal values which heal and nurture human bodies and increase immunity.
Ingredients of Panchamrut:
- Milk (Prefer cow milk) – 5 teaspoons
- Ghee (homemade) – 2 teaspoons
- Curd (homemade) – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Rock sugar / Khadi sakhar – 1 teaspoon
Mix all ingredients well. Use stainless steel or silver katori. Do not use plastic or any other metal.
Consume fresh as its shelf life is only couple of hours.
Significance of the ingredients:
1.Milk (Cow milk) – Cow’s milk is considered the next best thing after breast milk. Milk is a rich source of proteins, calcium, Vitamins B12 and D.
2. Ghee (Homemade) – Home made ghee is rich in nutrients like fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, and Omega-3 and Omega-9 essential fatty acids.
3. Curd (Homemade) – Home made curd is known to have a cooling effect on body. It is an excellent probiotic. Curd contains amino acids and enzymes that help in digestion. It is a good source of calcium and protein.
4. Honey – Pure honey contains fructo-oligosachharides which help improve the gut flora and help in digestion.
5. Rock Sugar / Khadisakhar – It provides energy and enhances qualities of other ingredients.
1. Improves Immunity
2. Improves physical strength
3. Promotes Emotional and Mental Health
4. Improves skin and hair complexion
5. Brain tonic – It is said to have good effect on intelligence, memory, grasping power and creative abilities.
Recommended Daily intake: 1 – 2 teaspoons every day
*People suffering from chronic ailments like Diabetes, High Blood pressure, High Cholesterol, kidney disorders etc. should consult physician / dietitian before consumption.